Relief EffortsSRI is now a development organization, focusing on helping communities progress without leaving behind the women and children. We began as a relief organization and here are some of what we achieved during that phase of our work:
- Established Mobile health clinics to aid the internally displaced people (IDPs) who fled from Swat during the conflict of 2009 between the Taliban and the Pakistan Army
- Coordinated a program that provided prosthetic legs to many Swatis who suffered casualties during the conflict
- Provided relief for victims of the 2010 megafloods
- Provided resources to improve the maternity ward of the government hospital in the regional capital, Saidu Sharif
- In 2015, a major earthquake caused destruction in several of our target villages. We are providing relief, reconstruction and medical support to these villages.